Markinch Surgery is a long established medical practice that is committed to preserve and enhance its good reputation for being a caring and innovative practice.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
You will be treated with respect and as a partner in your care. Being a partner means you have responsibilities too.
- Ensure our patients have 24 hour access to medical advice.
- Aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional within 48hrs of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an urgent case, the same day.
- Work in partnership with you to ensure the best medical care possible.
- Involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
- The prevention of disease, illness or injury is a primary concern. The medical staff will advise and inform you of the steps you can take to promote good health and a healthy lifestyle.
You have a responsibility to:
- Let us know if you intend to cancel an appointment in good time.
- Let us know if you are running late. If you are late you may have to wait until the end of surgery to be seen or, you may have to re-schedule your appointment if the doctor is unable to see you.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service.
- Inform the practice staff of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. Please ensure that we have your correct telephone number even if it’s ex-directory.
- Should you move outwith our practice boundary you must register with a practice that covers your new address. You must do this immediately as we cannot supply services such as home visits.
- If there is anything you do not understand about your illness/treatment either during or after you see the doctor you should request further information.